Saturday, October 1, 2011

Last night I had a dream that the GAP at the mall was closing....except it was a salon store where you buy shampoo, etc.   It was the last day and I was closing the store by myself when a huge group of usual customers came in and surprised me to say goodbye.  By the end of the night I noticed one of the customers had left her baby with us because she couldn't care for it.  I remember feeling ill equipped to be a parent and talking to Josh about it.   He ended up going on a hike through the woods and meeting up with a wise native american woman who helped ease his worries and he came back convincing me that we should go ahead and keep this baby who needs us and everything would be okay.  I stood at the end of the trail where I met Josh that day and laid out a couple things knowing I would come back on Thursday and hike the trail myself, hoping to have the same sense of peace about the whole thing.

I also remember thinking about adoption papers and how I needed a specific folder for them to go inside my lock box where I could keep all the important information safe.

No comments: