Thursday, August 11, 2011

Last night was the first of (what I imagine will be) many wedding dreams.

I was meeting all my girlfriends the day of the wedding at a restaurant. Our table was in front of a giant projection screen where we were scheduled to watch a show (don't remember what show/movie it was). I remember Aunt Jana and Kiernan showing up last and sitting down at the table with us. When it was time to get ready for the wedding, we left the restaurant and I remember the exit was like a haunted house. Once you pressed the button that opened the doors, there were 4-5 men dressed up in terrifying costumes. It was as if I had been there before, because I asked one of the people who worked there to tell them not to scare me...especially this one shorter guy whose face was painted all white with scary black painted features. They were really creepy, but the employee walked out with me and basically told them to lay off as I left the restaurant.

Then it jumped to me walking down the aisle (no bouquet). I don't remember anything else about the ceremony. All I recall is having a huge dinner afterward (it seemed like a fairly normal dinner, aside from its size...not reception-like). I remember my parents being there and the Sullivans, but there were many more in attendance. Part way through the meal, it dawned on me that no one was taking pictures and then I realized the photographer never showed up. I was devastated and ran away from the dinner crying. A few people tried to follow, but my mom stopped them and told them to let me be. As I was running up the stairs, I pictured myself walking down the aisle again and realized I didn't have a bouquet and that the florist must have forgotten, as well.

No comments: