Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three strange dreams I can remember from last night:


I dreamt I was helping out at a daycare facility as a second job. All the kids I was watching had been picked up for the day so I was helping a woman with the three young ones who were left. As we walked back inside from the playground to change a little girl's diaper, the other woman there asked me to pick up the two boys books or lunchboxes to help keep them from fighting (weird, I know.). I picked up a lunchbox and a book off the shelf (there were only two options and one had pictures of the Peanuts crew on it). At this point, two women walked up to pick up the girl that was being changed. One of them said she was the girl’s aunt. I walked back inside to let the woman know the girl’s Aunt was here and she rolled her eyes and complained saying we were going to have to walk around the block and use a payphone to call the police since she didn’t know of an Aunt coming to pick the girl up.

All of a sudden, it jumped to me boarding a plane for somewhere. As I was getting ready to board, a woman stopped me and asked if I had purchased three books. I said yes, because I remembered having three earlier. Then it occurred to me that someone else was holding the third book as we walked through the line and then gave it to me after I had purchased the other two. They asked to search my bags and found the third one and confronted me about not paying for it. I tried to explain the mistake and then they asked to look at my bank statement to prove whether or not I had paid for them at all. I handed her my debit card….which she was somehow going to use to look up my account online. I begged her to let me enter my own pin number when it came up on the screen so I could maintain safety. She was going to allow me as long as I didn't tell anyone she let me behind the counter. I remember looking over at the plane that was waiting and seeing my parents watch me skeptically through the plane window. I was terrified because I realized I hadn't paid for the third book, but not intentionally.

I also had another dream where Josh and I were staying at a friend’s house. Turns out it was Sarah Julian’s house. In real life she is in college, but somehow she owned this huge mansion of a house. I remember being very envious. I also think she was only 16 in the dream. When we were cleaning up sleeping bags in the morning from sleeping in the basement, Laura Galdorisi called (a friend from San Diego) and asked if she could drop off our wedding gift while we were there – I said sure. Laura showed up with Megan Sullivan and disappeared into the downstairs. I walked around the room trying to find them, but all the doors surrounding the room were closed. Finally, we were sitting down at a table upstairs while Josh was packing up the car and Laura and Megan walked out holding a HUGE platter containing the largest helping of mashed potatoes I’ve ever seen with a bunch of toppings (mashed potato bar style). Laura was so proud of her gift because she KNEW I loved mashed potatoes so much (not necessarily in real life).

No comments: