Thursday, November 12, 2009





I know I have mentioned this in previous posts, but I feel as if my heart is planted in the midwest. The past four years in California have been amazing. This time has been instrumental in who I am today...personal discoveries, getting involved in the community, a fantastic job, wonderful people...

...but through all of that, I still find myself yearning to be in Ohio. I've thought for a while I would eventually move back...and each day that goes by that desire grows. True, I have even more reason to move back now. A piece of my heart lives in Ohio and I yearn to be near.

So here I am, wondering what to do. When to take a step towards Ohio. How to take a step. So many questions about leaving here and making my way there. Do I wait for 'the right time' or do I just go ahead and take as many steps as possible until it happens? And what if I move there and decide I miss it in California? Both places are like home and I anticipate that I will always miss one place, no matter where I end up.

Because there is no clear answer, I will continue to pray. Continue to take baby steps until I feel clear direction (hopefully I will feel clear direction at some point!). Any advice?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

No advice since our moves would be dictated for us up to this point in our lives, but you will be in my prayers!